5.2.2. About Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s statues

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-9-7 13:31:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Teaching Videos for Sutras and Mantras

Eng Audiovisual Book [Journey to Heaven & Hell]

Eng Audiovisual Book [Buddhisum in Plain Terms]

Words of wisdom in English

Setting Up an Altar

Statue sizes (Porcelain statues of Guan Yin Bodhisattva of Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door )

Height (cm)

Small, Medium, Large

Do not pay respect to broken or cracked statues of Guan Yin Bodhisattva

Excerpt from Wenda20140815 07:55
(Master Jun Hong Lu’s call-in radio program)
Caller:
Hello Master, what if the statue of Guan Yin Bodhisattva has quite a few broken fingers?

Master Lu:
Wrap the statue and replace it with a new one. If the fingers are broken, you can’t keep praying to it.

Caller:
Okay, what should I do?

Master Lu:
You need to recite the Great Compassion Mantra 7 times, the Heart Sutra 7 times and the Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance 49 times. Before reciting, say “Thank you XXX Buddha or Bodhisattva for helping me <your full name> and my family in the past.  Thank you XXX Buddha or Bodhisattva. Thank you XXX Buddha or Bodhisattva”.  You must not say, “Please come down from the altar, XXX Buddha or Bodhisattva”. 

Caller:
How about Little Houses?

Master Lu:
Yes, 21 Little Houses.

Caller:
Should I take it to the temple?

Master Lu:
Yes.

Excerpt from Wenda20130421B 01:48
Caller:
I was advised by the Secretariat at Master’s Dharma convention in Bangkok that a cracked statue cannot be placed on the altar. It needs to be invited down. Is that right?

Master Lu:
Yes, that’s right.

Caller:
How long should I keep it before taking it to the temple?

Master Lu:
No need to keep it. After reciting scriptures, you can invite it down from the altar and take it to the temple. It is not respectful to pray to a Bodhisattva’s statue with a missing hand.

Side View, Inside

Packaging (as above)

Do not turn the case upside down

Please use the email below should you wish to request a porcelain statue:

jieyuanpin2or@gmail.com

The staff of Guan Yin Citta will make arrangements accordingly.

Choose a statue that you feel connected to

Question:
How should I pick a statue of Bodhisattva?

Answer:
You need to visit a temple or a Buddhist shop respectfully. If you feel that the statue or image of Bodhisattva is smiling at you, then you should select that statue or image. People normally choose a statue of Guan Yin Bodhisattva. If it’s another Bodhisattva, make sure you know the name of the Bodhisattva. Once you get home, put it on the altar as soon as possible. You should offer incense and perform prostrations. Offer fresh fruit
s and a cup of clean water. You should change the water every day and the fruit once a week.

Do not treat Bodhisattva’s statue as artwork or decoration

Excerpt from Wenda20120622 16:15
Caller:
In my daughter’s bedroom, there’s a wooden statue of Guan Yin Bodhisattva with a pair of Heavenly Children on the side. The statue was given to me by a temple.

Master Lu:
Have you offered incense?

Caller:
No.

Master Lu:
That’s no good. You need to wrap the statue and invite it down. Never treat Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s statue as a decoration, otherwise, trouble will come.

Caller:
Do I need to recite scriptures?

Master Lu:
“Triple Sevens”

Caller:
So I recite Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance 7 times, Great Compassion Mantra 7 times and the Heart Sutra 7 times then wrap the statue with red cloth and take it to the temple, right?

Master Lu:
Yes.

[Note: Under some circumstances, you may need to offer Little Houses as well. Once spirits have entered the statue, Little Houses must be offered to the karmic creditors of the house before inviting the statue to come down.]

Materials of Bodhisattva statues

It’s not advisable for the statues to be transparent

Excerpt from Wenda20121230A 04:52
Master Lu:
Transparent materials are not suitable for statues. Porcelain would be better. Many people use transparent statues which easily attract spirits. That’s no good. When I see a transparent statue of a Bodhisattva, I can often find spirits inside it so I would get worried. Once you know about it, you would be unsure whether or not to make offerings to it.

Caller:
Why do transparent materials attract spirits?

Master Lu:
As spirits are transparent, too, they tend to cling onto transparent materials.

It’s not advisable for the statues to be made of marble

Excerpt from Wenda20140704 01:15:06
Master Lu:
What are stones? Stones are found underground. What are marble stones? Marble stones is considered to have the Yin energy and they are often used as floor tiles. It’s not good to use them to make Bodhisattva statues.

Caller:
Yes, a practitioner is concerned because the statue is hollow.

Master Lu:
If it is hollow, Bodhisattva can still enter the statue. If it is solid, Bodhisattva isn’t willing to enter the statue.

Caller:
I see. He is concerned that a hollow statue would attract spirits.

Master Lu:
If he doesn’t practise diligently, Bodhisattva
s won’t visit. Therefore, it would attract other spirits. If the statue is made of marble and if the practitioner isn’t diligent, the statue would be occupied by a lot of Yin energy.

Caller:
Okay, I understand.

It’s not advisable to put a statue made of copper on the altar. Gold, silver, copper, iron and tin all carry the Yin energy

Excerpt from Wenda20160108 05:12
Master Lu:
A copper statue will look dark and old. It is best not to put a statue like this on the altar. Copper, iron and stones carry the Yin energy.

Caller:
Yes, what should I do?

Master Lu:
Wrap it and give it to the temple.

Caller:
I learnt that it’s best not to pray to a Bodhisattva’s statue made of copper. I had one a few years ago. Since then, our family has encountered many problems. A lot of misfortunes happened to my child.

Master Lu:
Now you know why. Your home is occupied by spirits. It might not be a Bodhisattva entering the copper statue, the spirits could also occupy these statues.

Caller:
I see. My incense burner is golden-coloured. That’s not good, right?

Master Lu:
It would have strong Yin energy. Gold, silver, copper, iron and tin all carry the Yin energy. Keep in mind that if you sense sharp coldness from touching certain materials, they most likely carry the Yin energy.

Stereometric Bodhisattva statues have more energy than images

A blessed Bodhisattva statue of Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door looks glazing gold

Excerpt from Wenda20160226 30:47
Glaze is from Heaven. It’s a type of energy and magnetic field from Bodhisattva. Glaze in Heaven can be viewed as a type of liquid in the Human Realm. Pure water is clean and limpid. (Yes.) Water in Heaven is actually glaze. The pure water that Bodhisattva blesses you with from the vase is glaze.

What is glazing gold? It’s a high-class liquid with strong energy. The ordinary class is called glaze water. Glaze water is a kind of liquid energy in Heaven. Once Bodhisattva blesses you with glaze water, you will feel naturally relieved. You will recover and feel liberated. For example, if your liver isn’t functioning well, it will recover after Bodhisattva blesses you with glaze water from the vase. That’s why it’s called liver function, right? (Yes.) For kidney function, after drinking Great Compassion Water with glaze, your kidney function will return to normal. It helps to kill harmful bacteria. Like in the movies we watch, a lot of injured people recover after energy is injected in their body. When someone’s hand is injured, at first it would staunch the bleeding, then the wound would gradually heal. This is a type of recovery.

But Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s glazing gold contains immense amount of energy. Why is glazing gold injected? The statues of Guan Yin Bodhisattva you bring home contain very strong energy. Do you understand? These stereometric Bodhisattva statues are definitely better than images. They absorb energy easily, whereas an image can only receive a little energy. Why is it the spirits we see is like a thin slice? (Yes.) Spirits are transparent. They are thin slices; therefore, they can only absorb Yin energy. Bodhisattvas carry a great deal of energy. Such energy expands. Therefore, stereometric Bodhisattva statues can be filled with positive energy easily.

Sizes of Bodhisattva’s images and statues

(This is for reference only. The illustrations below are for 1-metre-long altars.)

Vegetable oil – For oil lamps. Olive oil, canola oil, corn oil, lotus flower oil, etc. are all acceptable.

Lamp wick base – For oil lamps

Cotton string – Can be used as lamp wicks on oil lamps

Lamp wicks – Used together with a lamp wick base

Candle extinguisher – For putting out the oil lamp

Incense ash flattener – to flatten and level the incense ash in the burner

Oil lamp container (for each Bodhisattva on the altar) – Can be used as oil lamps

Tweezers – To remove incense stick leftovers from the incense burner and to fix the lamp wicks

Incense ash catcher (Optional) – To be placed on top of an incense burner to prevent ashes falling on the altar

Sandalwood – Used as grand incense

Incense burner (for each Bodhisattva on the altar)

Millet/rice or incense ashes – Used as support for incense sticks in the incense burner

Fruit trays– For fruit offerings

Sandalwood incense sticks – Incense should be made of sandalwood. Do not use incense with bamboo sticks at the bottom. Do not use cracked incense sticks.

Water cups (for each Bodhisattva) – Used for water offerings. Best to use porcelain cups.

Lighter – Best to use a lighter with a long handle

Vases (in pairs) – for flower offerings

Basics for an altar

The above images of vases, oil lamps, water cups and fruit trays are for references only. There are many different designs but as long as there aren’t any scriptures, animal or human figures on them, they are suitable for use.

文章推荐

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|慈爱心灵

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 12:39 , Processed in 0.079389 second(s), 19 queries .