【Video】Q&A 99. The Six Syllable Mantra

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-9-5 14:15:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Teaching Videos for Sutras and Mantras

Eng Audiovisual Book [Journey to Heaven & Hell]

Eng Audiovisual Book [Buddhisum in Plain Terms]

Words of wisdom in English

For Beginners

Q: Dear Master Lu, you previously mentioned that the Six Syllable Mantra is very powerful. I would like to know whether I can let my child recite this mantra as it is short and easy to memorise.

A:

• All sutras and mantras are bestowed upon us by Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, and each has its own extraordinary power and effects. Hence, they are all very good.

• The Six Syllable Mantra has yet to be included in the recommended daily recitation under Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door.

• If a person is surrounded by wandering spirits, or if they encounter a particularly powerful foreign spirit, reciting this mantra can enhance their spiritual power and prevent the spirits from coming near them. In other words, the mantra can provide you with protection during emergencies

• Under normal circumstances, if you recite the Six Syllable Mantra without having sufficient spiritual power, you are likely to attract foreign spirits who may disturb you with unfriendly actions. For example, if you do not know martial arts but you choose to wield a powerful sword, people who are experienced in martial arts may come and challenge you.

• It is also very important to have a solid foundation for attaining Buddhahood before you recite this mantra. Therefore, you should be very cautious when reciting this mantra. This is especially true in the case of young children.

updated by Offical Website 

文章推荐

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|慈爱心灵

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 16:17 , Processed in 0.078274 second(s), 26 queries .